here we are, alive and well. the past few weeks have been a whirlwind! here’s what we’ve been up to:
- moving. i packed, we moved, i unpacked. we didn’t get movers and instead our generous and selfless family helped us get the job done, for which we are eternally grateful.
- organizing. we settled in last tuesday and since then i’ve been trying to turn this place into a (our) home. i still have my closet and the master bathroom left to organize, but so far the rest of the place has come together quite nicely.
- sitting and (almost) crawling! this little peanut continues to shock me daily. she’s so determined to get this crawling thing down that she’s been practicing day and night. i find her in her crib on her hands and knees pitching herself forward. and the sitting, well the other day i just sat her in front of this toy and she just looked at me like, oh you didn’t know i do this now? some days i think she may just get up and walk right out of here.
- growing. annabelle finally has her own room, and with that, a new bed! it was the easiest transition and now everyone is sleeping a little more soundly. her room is a work in progress, but i promise to share photos soon!
- traveling. tomorrow we head to arizona for my sister in law’s wedding. the last time we traveled annabelle was only 11 weeks old and easily slept in our arms on a regular basis. now that she’s considerably more independent, i’m somewhat terrified of this 4 hour flight tomorrow! fingers crossed she’s in a good mood or we’ll be spending a lot of money buying drinks for our neighboring passengers.
i hate to chat and run, but i’ve got a million and one things to do today before we leave tomorrow! please accept this photo of our child and dog having a morning lovefest as our official apology for my lack of posting lately. i promise to be around these parts more often when we get back. later dudes! xo